Guideline For Parents
Parents – Teacher co-operation is indispensable for complete and harmonious development of the students’ personality. The process of informal education is set in motion at birth and gains momentum in school. To bring out the best in child the family’s support should aid and supplement efforts of the school to uplift it to the new heights. Both school and home should help the child inculcate in him/her the desirable behaviour patterns, healthy habits and positive ethics in personal and social life to make him a pride of the family in particular and the society in general. Constant vigilance on the part of guardians indeed pays rich dividends.
Kindly see the following points in the interest of your ward
- That your ward has all the text books, items of stationery: craft material, dictionary etc. Please spare yourself for one hour daily and discuss with your ward and motivate him/her about his studies and other activities.
- Ensure that he/she comes to school in proper uniform to the specification and design prescribed by the by the school.
- See that the child has the time table at home and he follows it.
- Please convey your feedback about the progress of your ward at home on the first and fifteenth of every month by using one of the following remarks in their dairy: (A) very Satisfactory (B) Satisfactory and (C) Unsatisfactory.
- No parents are allowed to see the teachers during class hours. They can see the teachers on any working day after the classes are over. Half an hour will be given for this purpose.
- Parents should not give money or costly items to the children.
- Parents should provide lunch to their ward to school.
- Parents are requested to drop their ward 10 minutes before the beginning of the school.
- You should encourage your ward to watch educational programmes on television and they should read English Newspapers, periodicals such as Science Master, G.D. Quiz, Junior Science Refresher, Science Quiz etc. It will help him/her to update the knowledge and that will be a good help for competitive examination.
- Parents should not send their ward to the school if he/she is suffering from infectious disease.
- Parents are requested to take their children to various educational and recreational places during the summer; autumn and winter break e.g. Science Museum, History Museum, Zoo, Electra World, Appu Ghar etc.
- Parents should contact the office first if they want to see the Principal/ Teachers. Entry of the parents in the classrooms is strictly prohibited.
- Parents must not enter the school building to take their wards home/market without prior permission from the designated authority for this.
- Parents may contact the Principal without appointment during visiting hours i.e. (9:30 a.m – 10:30 a.m) on all working days.
- Name of your child will automatically be struck off of the rolls, if fee is not paid in time. In case readmission is considered, the defaulters will pay all dues, fine and admission fee afresh.
- Answer sheets of final exams may be shown to the parents on written request with a fee of Rs. 100 per subject and Rs. 300 for all subjects.
- Report cards of your wards are sent for your observation, after each Summative Exam or Terminal Exam through your ward. In case the report card is not shown timely, you must contact the school office.
- In case a child is found using unfair means in any of the examination/class test, he/she will be awarded ‘Zero’ in the particular subject.
- A Student shall be granted permission for the final exam, if he/she has paid all the dues, and has obtained a minimum of 80% attendance up to January end for Class XI, up to February 15th for VIII and IX and Feb. end for rest of the classes.